The night before
With Peaches tickets near secured, only barring a blind date pick-up at Webster Hall, the New York trip is pretty well on its way to being amazing.
The 5:00am wakey wakey time is a little daunting for me. I like my sleep and without it I am a bit dragonish. Does Tyler know he is driving until we get to Watertown where the McDonald's breakfast will officially start the honeymoon? I never thought that I would ever mention McDonald's and honeymoon in the same sentence, but there we are. Perhaps an indication that I should wrap up the packing and hit the sack.
We are going to have some company with us on the trip, a tiny cooler filled with 2 lbs of cheese left over from Ty's surprise party (which was a raving success). I have images of setting up our cheese lunch on the train, repulsing nearby Americans with our pungent French cheeses. If only I could speak French it would make the whole thing more authentic. And its really about manufacturing authenticity.
7 hours and counting... Will we discover an authentic New York?
0 comments:
Post a Comment