Wednesday, August 19, 2009

France!


France. I am hungry just thinking about it. Ty and I are off again on another adventure. We are on the verge of booking all the requisite things, flight, hotels, barge... yes, a barge! What better way to see France than on a barge? Perhaps by bike, but that involves salves and the like.


After much pondering we decided to pass up the see-as-much-as-we-can trip a slow trip. And this trip is going to be slow. Over the course of ten days we will be travelling 250km which is an acceptable distance by Europeans standards but rather farcical in Canadian standards, it is just short of a daily commute for those that live in Carleton Place outside of Ottawa. Anyway, we are going to be popping the check in the mail to join Dianna and Jon Wolferstan on Liquenda. From Moissac to Toulouse we will delight in the fall harvest, a feast for all the senses.


I hope that we can be a little more organized about actually using the blog on this trip and actually putting pictures on it.

0 comments: